Monday, February 1, 2010

Achoooo!

After the dust settled from Keenan's birthday trip we settled into a cold. Still fighting our way out. A few pics of the birthday crafting while we recover.


I'm feeling quite brilliant with my crown idea. Hiding under that cute star proudly displaying the number two is a piece of Velcro. That way every year can have a new number and design.



This cake was no fuss, no muss. A chocolate cake with a 'hole' dug in it by the steam shovel add a candle and your finished. I served it with fresh banana slices and blueberries. Inspired by Keenan's favorite book 'Mike Mulligan and his Steam Shovel'.



Finally a re-usable all occasion fabric bunting of our very own. I had planned on using fabric scraps, but they were all at the cabin for a quilting project while I was sewing at home. So a few new fat quarters later and Wala bunting! It took a while to make as I made it reversible. Meaning instead of just cutting out triangles and sewing them on to binding tape. I cut two triangles for each bunting triangle, with right sides together sewed the two long edges. Turned the triangle right side out, pressed and then attached with binding tape. It's my virgoness shining through waahaahaaaaaa.

No comments:

Post a Comment