Friday, February 15, 2013

A cup of tea

My tea kettle has whistled three times today and I am still yet to have a cup of tea. It is one of those days.

I was laid off at the beginning of January, expected to go back sometime in March when spring appears. I'm a landscape architect and have been working the past eight years in residential design build. It has been an interesting month. Full of really hard and really wonderful moments. I'm uncertain about where my career path will lead moving forward.

I'm trying to savor the new pace of my life, follow my instincts and give myself time. This is very hard. I'm a Virgo!

One thing that has opened that I am able to savor is an increase in my creative energy. This has been amazing. I am so full of ideas and projects I am almost unable to start on anything. It's all over the board: embroidery, sewing, cooking, decorating, parenting, gardening. Once again trying to savor the pace, follow my instincts and give myself time.

Hence, i'm back on my creative blog (ack, just noticed how old my header is and it's going to have to stay that way as I no longer have access to a computer and only have my ipad and my iphone. Apologies in advance for the bad photography.) Might have to catch up with the times and try instagram. Hoping to share the past year of projects and keep myself motivated and moving on all the new ideas.

I had a weekend away with my girls last weekend (heaven!). I always come away so refreshed and wiser when I have been with them. One friend recently published a book, amazing! When someone asked her how she did it, she said she followed a writing coaches advice and spent at least 15 minutes a day on it. Although simple, this feels like sage advice. I feel like I could carve out 15 minutes a day for my creative pursuits and have a feeling it might just stretch a wee bit longer than that once I get going.

A few pics of projects from the past few months. Talk soon!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment